The vow is located in the locality “Polom”, east of the village of Tompsan. It situated under a large venerable tree. robably it have been taken out and moved from its original location because its massive 30-inch base made for stick in the ground now is on the surface.
The cross is equal arms, with extending outward shoulders. The corners of the upper arm are broken as evidenced by the inscription where the first letter [O] is affected. The inscription occupies the entire space of the upper three arms of the cross. It is set in five rows: “A vow of martyr Spas. Memory from A. Vitov and Vacho Velkov and Pavel Mitov”.
СПО[МЕН] ОТЪ А. ВИТОВ
И В[Ъ]ЧО ВЕЛКОВ
И ПАВЕЛ МИТОВ
The inscription shows that the cross is placed in honor of St. Spas by three people with different family names. It is unclear whether this is the original place of the vow.
The letters are cut shallow and uneven. The use of dative case is characteristic of the 19 century. The manner of writing "ОТЪ" with "Ъ" at the end of the word corresponds to the spelling before 1945. According to the paleographic data the vow can be dated in the end of 19 and the beginning of the 20 century.
St. Spas, Tompsan
DD 42.9345528 23.365711111111114
DMS N 42° 56' 4.39'' E 23° 21' 56.56''